Uncover the beautifully preserved Clevedon Court Manor House Clevedon Court is an impressive manor house from the 14th century with parts of a large 13th century Tower and Great Hall and most of the original structure still visible. Since 1709 it has been the birthplace of the Elton family. The family altered a considerable portion of the interior, and the Great Hall is now Georgian with a gallery of minstrels. There are many striking Eltonware pots and vases in the room, and a wonderful range of Nailsea glass. It is set in a lovely terraced garden dating from the 18th century.
Where is Clevedon Court located?
Clevedon Court is a manor house in Clevedon, Court Hill, North Somerset, England.
What is the history of Clevedon Court to the present day?
Bought in 1709 by Abraham Elton, this amazing mediaeval survivor has been the Elton family's ancestral home ever since.
Clevedon court also harbours some of the most exclusive possessions of the Elton family, including a collection of local Eltonware pottery and Nailsea glass.
The terraced garden dating from the 18th century, spread over six stages, is listed in grade two. Found on the house's south-facing side the garden is shielded from the wind, making it a tranquil place to relax and recharge.