South of Aylesbury, you can find Go Ape in the heart of Wendover Woods. The Buckinghamshire location plays host to two of Go Ape's high-rope experiences. Go Ape's just off the B4009. Whether you're looking for things to do nearby
with the kids or a day out with friends, the adventure is covered. Treetop Adventure is a one-hour experience aimed at kids and young families. They're popular for birthday parties if you're after a unique celebration. Treetop Challenge is for those over 1.4 metres tall and is 2-3 hours of high wire obstacles, Tarzan Swings and ziplines. If you're looking for action-packed fun in the south east, the location is one of the best attractions
Where is Go Ape Wendover Woods located?
Go Ape Wendover Woods is located in Wendover Woods, Buckinghamshire.
Details on what activities are available at Go Ape Wendover Woods?
The following are available for you to enjoy at Go Ape Wendover Woods:
- Treetop Challenge: A treacherous high-ropes course with difficult bridges.
- Treetop Adventure: This course features an exhilarating 85-meter zip wire climax in addition to 429 metres of high rope crossings.
- Treetop Challenge severe Route: With new crossings and a 150-meter zip wire, this severe route is perfect for those who want to challenge themselves even further.
In addition, Wendover Woods provides chances for jogging paths, a weekly parkrun, the Zog Activity Trail, Nordic walking, family cycling, orienteering, and the Gruffalo sculpture. It serves as the centre of the Chiltern Hills' outdoor activities.
Things to do in the local area?
You may explore the 325-hectare woodland with colourful scenery and breathtaking views over Oxford, London, and the valley in the vicinity of Wendover Woods. A new café at the Forest Centre has views of the Chilterns. Running routes, a weekly parkrun, the Gruffalo sculpture, Nordic walking, family cycling, orienteering, and the Zog Activity Trail are among the activities available. You'll have no trouble staying occupied in this gorgeous natural surroundings.
Know Before You Go:
- Wear sensible clothes for adventure.
- Footwear must be sturdy and suitable for the outdoors. No sandals, slip off shoes, open toes or heels.
- Gloves are a good idea. Either bring a pair or you can buy them at the cabin on the day.
- Go Ape Wendover no longer features the climbing wall as part of the course.
Make A Day of It:
- Explore the highest point in the Chilterns (267m).
- Quest the wood for deer and Europe’s smallest bird, the firecrest.
- Head to Boddington hillfort for some archaeological interest.