The very first high-ropes course to cross the border into Wales. You'll find Go Ape in the grounds of beautiful Margam Country Park - a 1,000 acre parkland. The park and castle are neatly off Junction 38 of the M4. Just 40 minutes away from Cardiff, it's a cracking day out. In addition to tree-top crossings and super-fast ziplines,
Margam boasts Go Ape's biggest Tarzan swing. A stomach-wrenching leap of faith with a drop of six metres. If you're looking for one of the best outdoor attractions in South Wales for all the family, look no further.
Where is Go Ape Margam Country Park located?
Go Ape Margam Country Park is nestled in Margam Country Park, near Junction 38 of the M4, offering a thrilling adventure in South Wales.
Details on what activities are available at Go Ape Margam Country Park?
Exciting high ropes courses with obstacle crossings, 180-meter ziplines, and one of the biggest Tarzan swings in the UK can be found at Go Ape Margam Country Park. The largest deer herd in Wales, breathtaking scenery, and sea vistas can all be found at the lovely Margam Country Park. Adventure routes, bicycling, hiking, and other activities are available.
Things to do in the local area?
Discover Margam Country Park's picturesque walking routes, five-mile mountain biking course, and recreational opportunities such as SUP, Go Karts, and Pedlows. Don't miss the breathtaking views of the sea from Margam Castle. The adventure playground, farm path, fairy-tale hamlet, and "Wood Vibrations Trail," which has enormous musical instruments, are all great for kids to enjoy.
Know Before You Go:
- Wear sensible clothes for adventure.
- Footwear must be sturdy and suitable for the outdoors. No sandals, slip-off shoes, open toes, or heels.
- Gloves are a good idea. Either bring a pair or you can buy them at the cabin on the day.
- Go Ape is a 15-minute walk (up a hill!) from the car park, so be prepared and allow plenty of time.
Parking charges apply.
Make A Day of It:
- Explore Margam Castle's Great Hall.
- Walk up to the Pulpit viewpoint for excellent views over Devon, Somerset, the Gower Peninsula, and the Glamorgan Heritage Coast.
- Take the children to visit the animals on the farm trail.
- Visit Charlotte’s Pantry Café for a hot drink and some food.
- Visit Margam Adventure to hire your activity equipment of choice.