Just 7 miles southeast of Maidstone, you can find Go Ape in the grounds of Leeds Castle, Kent. The location is just off the B2163 - through the main entrance on Penfold Hill. In addition to free parking, Go Ape at Leeds Castle boasts Go Ape's three high-rope experiences. Whether you're looking for things to do nearby with the kids or a day out with friends, the adventure is covered. Treetop Adventure and Treetop Adventure Plus are both one-hour experiences aimed at kids and young families. Treetop Challenge is for those over 1.4 metres tall and is 2-3 hours of high wire obstacles, leaps of faith, and zip lines. If you're looking for action-packed action,Go Ape at Leeds Castle is one of the best attractions around.
Where is Go Ape Leeds Castle located?
Go Ape Leeds Castle is located in Kent, within the picturesque grounds of Leeds Castle, near Maidstone.
Details on what activities are available at Go Ape Leeds Castle?
Three high ropes courses are available at Go Ape Leeds Castle:
- Treetop Challenge: An advanced course with exhilarating zip lines, appropriate for participants over 1.4 metres tall and 10 years of age.
- Treetop Adventure: A fun high ropes course for younger adventurers, it's aimed at kids over 1 metre tall.
- Treetop Adventure Plus: Designed for people over 1.2 metres tall, this enhanced course has faster zip wires and more height.
Things to do in the local area?
Explore nearly 500 acres of seasonal lawns, gardens, and parkland, as well as Adventure Golf, two playgrounds, a difficult maze, and other attractions around Leeds Castle. In addition, you may visit the Bird of Prey Centre, take the Castle Train or Black Swan Ferry, and see the stunning Leeds Castle, which has a fascinating history.
Know Before You Go:
- Wear sensible clothes for adventure.
- Footwear must be sturdy and suitable for the outdoors. No sandals, slip off shoes, open toes or heels.
- Gloves are a good idea. Either bring a pair or you can buy them at the cabin on the day.
- Dogs on leads are permitted in the Go Ape area but only assistance dogs may visit the castle and grounds.
Make A Day of It:
- Enjoy some history and culture in Leeds Castle (please note that extra charges apply for entry into the castle grounds)
- Try your luck in the hedges at Leeds Castle’s Maze.
- Worked up an appetite after the course? Treat your taste buds - there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby.