Nestled in the English Westcountry you'll find the idyllic Forest of Dean. Its towering pines and ancient oaks provide a home to some of the country's most treasured wildlife and an awesome Go Ape location.
Treetop Challenge at Mallards Pike For the most adventurous, this is a high one - 15-metres to be precise. There are tricky tree-to-tree crossings, the Stirrups require all of your core strength as you wobble from one to the next, while the aptly named Mallards Ladder makes for a suitably tricky ascent. With all sites ending in a zip wire…
Forest Segways at Mallards Pike Jump on board one of the all-terrain Segways and discover some of the Forest’s amazing wildlife. Be on the lookout for wild boar and deer as the stealthy electric-powered Segways enable you to get up close and personal with the wonders of the local nature.
Where is Go Ape Forest of Dean Mallards Pike located?
Go Ape Forest of Dean Mallards Pike is nestled in the beautiful Forest of Dean, spanning Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, and Monmouthshire. It's a great outdoor adventure destination.
Details on what activities are available at Go Ape Forest of Dean Mallards Pike?
The following activities are available at Go Ape Forest of Dean Mallards Pike:
- Treetop Challenge: A high ropes experience for explorers above the age of ten, complete with challenging bridge crossings and zip wires.
- Forest Segways: For a unique outdoor adventure, explore the forest on all-terrain electric Segways.
More activities for younger adventurers and families can be found at the sister location, Forest of Dean Beechenhurst, which is only 10 minutes away.
Things to do in the local area?
You can do the following in the surrounding area:
- A stroll around the shores of Mallards Pike Lake with picturesque views and a café for refreshments.
- Several walking and running trails wind through the magnificent Forest of Dean.
- Cycling routes for both road and mountain cyclists.
- Investigate Puzzlewood, a renowned TV and filming location.
- For a pleasant day out, consider having a picnic near the water's edge.
Know Before You Go:
- Wear sensible clothes for adventure.
- Footwear must be sturdy and suitable for the outdoors. No sandals, slip off shoes, open toes or heels.
- Gloves are a good idea. Either bring a pair or you can buy them at the cabin on the day.
Make A Day of It:
- Head into the wider forest and over to Puzzlewood, the enchanting, ancient woodland.
- In the forest, discover the activities and hidden objects inside the local three giant maize mazes.
- Jump abroad a steam train and unwind on the Dean Forest Railway.