Nicky and Jim welcome you to their historic Victorian school house where you can relax to plan your exploration of the Somerset countryside.
Built in1872, the school provided education for the children of Woolavington and the surrounding area. It was decommissioned as a school in 1984 and became a private dwelling. The house has been updated to include en suite showers or private bathrooms to each bedroom whilst still retaining the character of the property. The large double bedrooms are comfortably furnished with a separate television lounge/library available for visitors to relax in. Breakfast is served in the high ceilinged room once used as the infants classroom. The owners are onsite everyday.
The village of Woolavington is located at the western end of the Polden Hills in Somerset above the Levels, six miles from the coast, and a short drive from the Quantock Hills in the west and the Mendip Hills to the east. It is a few minutes from the M5 (J23) motorway, the A39 and A303, with excellent links to the West Country. The towns of Bridgwater, Street and Glastonbury are approximately 10 minutes away, with Wells and Taunton about 20 minutes by car. Bristol and Bath are a 40 minute drive.
A stay at The School House is perfect for:
- enjoying the extensive wildlife and beauty of the area
- walking, cycling and birdwatching on the Levels and surrounding hills
- exploring the historic towns of Glastonbury, Wells and Bath
- visiting Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole, Ebbor Gorge and the coast
- visiting Quantock Hills and Mendip Hills, both AONB
- shopping at Clarks Outlet Village, Kilver Court and Bristol
- stopping off en-route to the West Country
- transport enthusiasts with aviation, motor and railway museums close by
- exploring the industrial heritage of the West Country
- gardeners with many gardens and National Trust properties in the area
- Glastonbury music festival
- Bridgwater Carnival
- Business travellers
- Millfield and Shapwick school
Check In: 15:00 (3:00pm) - 20:00 (8:00pm) (arrivals may be allowed outside this window if your travel plans can't be adjusted however this is subject to availability)
Check Out: Before 10:00 (10:00am)