John Montagu Building, Beaulieu
- Join Beaulieu for spooky shenanigans this October Half-Term with spine-tingling activities for the whole family to enjoy. Climb aboard the ‘Moan-a-rail’, shiver at spooky stories, follow the Halloween quiz trail and have your face painted for free. Plus visit the Victorian Kitchen where the cook will be boiling up trouble with potions and lotions!
Set in the heart of the New Forest, Beaulieu is an award-winning day out, with one ticket granting access to an array of attractions. The motor vehicle collection in the National Motor Museum remains one of Beaulieu’s most famous attractions with... more
Bush Hall Lane, Mill Green, Hatfield
- Join us once a month for our relaxed and fun packed toddler workshops. Listen to stories Make something together Visit the Mill and Museum Drink and biscuit provided Coffee or tea for adults 29 September - A Sunny Day 20 October - Autumn Leaves 24 November - A Winter's Day 15 December - Christmas Fun 26 January 2017 - A Snowy Day 23 February 2017 - Under The Sea 30 March 2017 - Easter
Mill Green Mill & Museum: See our lovingly restored watermill grind organic locally grown wheat. A hidden gem in the hamlet of Mill Green between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City. There's been a mill on this site for over a thousand years so our... more
Brooklands Road, Weybridge
- Inside the Balloon Hangar building, we have created a 4D Theatre that provides the closest experience any living person will have of “driving” around the Brooklands Race Track, at Le Mans or “flying” with the Red Arrows. Visitors to the Museum can now take their seats for the ride of their life in a brand new, state-of-the-art 4D Theatre and we have three fantastic rides for you to enjoy.
Known as the birthplace of British motorsport and aviation, Brooklands Museum makes a fabulous day out for car and plane enthusiasts. The Brooklands Motor Course in Weybridge, Surrey, was built back in 1907 and much of the track and buildings are... more
Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwick
- Get creative during family arts week this October half term and get creative with our family activities. Every day become a reporter with our ‘British Motoring Times’ family trail. Or search high and low for the Museum cats and see find the colours of the Cats' Eyes in our 'Black Cat' trail. MON 24 - FRI 28 OCT - 10am - 3pm Get creative and build your own fantasy vehicle out of cups!
Fun for all the family whatever the weather! Explore the British Motor Museum, the largest collection of historic British cars in the newly refurbished Museum. Take a walk down the 'Time Road' and discover how both motoring and family life has... more
Fort Nelson, Portsdown Hill Road, Fareham
- Fort Nelson is one of the few places where you can experience live black-powder firings of historic artillery pieces. On selected Sundays throughout the year there are special firings, featuring authentic gun drills by uniformed detachments from Portsdown Artillery Volunteers. Guns are fired at: 11:30am, 2pm and 3pm These events are FREE Visit the website for details.
The Royal Armouries Museum was opened in 1984 for the first time, and today is one of the largest artillery museums in the UK. Although a cliché, the phrase ‘must see’ truly applies to Fort Nelson’s astonishing collection of different artillery and... more
Old Warden Aerodrome, Biggleswade
- Enjoy a wonderful afternoon tea in the grand setting of The House at Shuttleworth. The House will be open for viewing, with room stewards on hand to tell you more about the history of the family and Richard Shuttleworth, and Old Warden park. Sittings served at 13.00 & 14.30 on selected dates. Adult – £19.95 Child – £9.95 Pre-book only via via website, link at the top of this page.
The Shuttleworth Collection is in a quiet countryside setting on an old fashioned all grass aerodrome with eight hangars. These hangars comprise an aeroplane engineering workshop, a garage and coachroom, and the remainder house the world famous... more
To view the icons please zoom in