Off Chapel Lane, Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5LR
Royal Ashdown Forest opened in 1889 as the Ashdown Forest & Tunbridge Wells Golf Club and “Tunbridge Wells” was dropped when Queen Victoria bestowed royal patronage in 1893. Originally less than 5,000 yards it was gradually lengthened to its present 6,500 yards. There are only grass bunkers and the whole course is natural. The challenge comes from the undulating land, streams, heather, bracken and an abundance of trees. Acts of Parliament forbid alterations. The testing sixth Island hole of 125 yards to a green with a ridge through the middle is surrounded by a stream. The downhill par-four 17th of 480 yards across gorse and bracken is a real testing finisher.
Information on Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Club , Off Chapel Lane , Forest Row
Course Statistics: Old Course: 18 Holes, 6537yds, SSS 72. West Course: 18 Holes, 5606yds, SSS 67.
Green Fees: Old Course: May to Oct - Mon to Fri 18 holes £70, Day £90, Both courses £80. Weekends & BH 18 holes £90, Both courses £110. Nov to Apr - 18 holes £50. Weekends & BH 18 holes £65. West Course: Mon to Fri 18 holes £35, Day £50, Twilight £17. Weekends & BH 18 holes £40. Nov to Apr - 18 holes £55, Twilight £20.
Visitors Info: Welcome by prior arrangement.
Societies Info: Can be accomodated on Mondays as well as Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays on the Old Course. Prior reservation essential. Societies welcome seven days a week on the West Course.
Date Founded: 1888
Catering: Full Bar and restaurant facilities available with a good choice of home made dishes. Bar snacks available all day.
Clubs for Hire: Yes
Motorised Cart for Hire: Yes
Driving Range: Yes
|Local Directions:||Heading South on the A22 to Forest Row, approximately 3 miles south of East Grinstead, at the mini roundabout opposite the Church turn off the A22 onto the B2110 signposted to Hartfield and Tunbridge Wells. Turn right approximately half a mile along this road into Chapel Lane, which is just after the Baptist Chapel on the right hand side. There is a brown sign opposite the junction saying Golf Course. At the top of Chapel Lane turn hairpin left having just gone over a severe sleeping policeman, into Shalesbrook Lane. Then bear right with the lane taking you across two fairways. The first car park is for the Old Course. For the West Course pass through the Old Course car park and bear right of the main Clubhouse and into the West Course car park.|
To view the icons please zoom in